Top 10 Reasons for Divorce
Updated: Oct 17, 2022
A recent article on a website lists ten of the most common reasons people choose to divorce.
1. Infidelity- Infidelity is the most common reason for divorce and is the cause of one third of divorces in the US. The article caims that the infidelity may be consistently during the marriage, or intermittently, or a solitary one night stand.
2. A breakdown in communication- A couple will not have a successful relationship if there is a breakdown or lack of communication. The article further states that an effective relationship can not last if, the parties are unable to discuss their feelings and personal issues.
3. Abuse – There is not a lot of doubt about this one. Abuse of the other spouse or children is a clear indicator of divorce.
4. Financial issues- Financial issues and job loss can cause a strain on a marriage. Often economic woes can put a tremendous strain on a marriage, such as loss of a job or a drop in income.
5. Sexual incompatibility- The article states that research has shown the average strength of the sex drive in men and women aged 10 years apart is most compatible, and for couples with only a few years in age difference will experience a difference of sex drives.
6. Lack of commitment to the marriage- Some couples grow apart over time and fall out of love. These according to the article, are often the least bitter and least angry.
7. Cultural and religious differences- Cultural and religious differences can often cause tension within a marriage that can later lead to divorce.
8. Different expectations regarding children- Some couples have different opinions on having and rearing children.
9. Addiction – This one doesn’t need to be explained, since an addicion can negatively affect a marriage and the priorities of the marriage, thus leading to divorce.
10. Different expectations in personal and career issues- According to the article, couples who live together before marriage have a higher rate of divorce than couples who did not cohabit before marriage. Differences in career goals and a spouse’s sudden change in personal priorities are a cause for divorce.
If there are any legal questions you may have, I encourage you to, please contact my San Jose Divorce Lawyers office. My San Jose Family Lawyer offices assists many people who are going through family law related issues. We have many Affordable San Jose Divorce Lawyer solutions for many different budgets. We help many individuals through this very chaotic period in their life. Proudly serving the following cities, Fremont, Milpitas, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Mountain View, and Santa Clara.